Thursday, July 10, 2008

Walt Disney World Marathon

Back in October of last year, I came across a post on the MomPack (a networking group I am a member of) looking for graphics or clipart of running twin girls. The poster (Nikki) was running a marathon with her twin sister and was wanting something for a team shirt. I offered them a free custom drawing for their shirt (so long as they agreed to let me advertise my website on the shirt). Nikki jumped at my offer and I created a one-of-a-kind design for their team t-shirt. (the image is already on my blog - check out Oct. 19's post)

In January, Nikki emailed me:

Lexi,
I wanted to thank you for the wonderful image you designed for my sister and I to do the Walt Disney World Marathon in. It was truly the hit of the marathon!! We were told countless times that we had the best shirts!
I've attached an image of the two of us from the front as well as one from the back so you can see what the shirts looked like with your beautiful design.
Thank you again - you helped make this marathon trip an amazing one, by enabling us to be a "team" unlike any other.
Nikki


and included photos of her and her sister before the race:



While the exposure didn't bring me any business or national recognition, I can say for certain that it made me extremely happy and proud knowing that it meant so much to Nikki and her sister and made their experience that much more special and memorable. Thank you, Nikki!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

LOVE the shirts! It's no wonder they were a hit.

I know what you mean. Sometimes it's not about the business or recognition as much as it is knowing that you played a special part in someone's life.

HUGS!
Kimberly