Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lexi Returns!

Some might have noticed my disappearance...most probably haven't.

The holidays hit hard - business was slow, money tight, and stress abundant. I had hit a creative block and lost almost all desire to even pick up a pencil or paintbrush. In addition to my own issues, my grandmother's health began failing and I took on a lot of responsibilities - taking her to dr. appts, keeping her company during the day, and making sure she actually ate! In January, she moved in with my parents and I began caring for her on a daily basis. The added responsibility and stress resulted in an unofficial hiatus from my business. But, my mom is able to care for her until school starts back up, so I am taking the time to refocus my energies on what I love - my art.

My creative juices are starting to flow again, but its hard getting back into the swing of things. I'm simply taking one order at a time, and while it may take me 3 times what it used to take me to complete something, I'm getting it done and feeling great being back!
Here's my latest completed order:


This 8x10 was in memory of my friend's uncle who died of liver cancer a few years ago. Every year, they hold a kid's fishing tournament in his honor and donate a portion of the proceeds to the Cancer Center in Killeen, TX.

I'm working on a handful of other orders including address labels, family notecards, bridal shower & bachelorette party invites, another 8x10 portrait, and some stationery templates.

I am also working on getting a store set up on Etsy.com to sell some paintings I've done (nothing commissioned, just my own creative "weirdness" coming through), and a cafe press store showcasing some of my fave/popular designs (I will be making a separate post later with different designs you can vote on to be featured in my store). All this is just a work in progress, and neither have a definitive launch date at this time.

Well, I suppose that is it for now...

-Lexi

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

LOVE the picture for your uncle. That is a wonderful and treasured momento. I'm sure he would be very pleased too.

I'm so happy to hear that you are back at it again. I have missed you as I'm sure MANY others have too!

Take it one day at a time and one step at a time. You never know where the path might lead you.

HUGS!!!
Kimberly